Sunday, May 13, 2012

Day 2 - Fisher Family Experience (FFE)


I awoke to a dark and cool morning, of course it was only 4am (clearly jet-lagged) and looked forward to the day ahead.  Several hours later once the sun was up, (Grace NEEDS her beauty sleep) we ventured out sans vehicle on a walking tour to Surbition.



Twenty minutes later we arrived at our ddestination "The French Tarte"; a trendy suburban coffee stop with a french flavour which I can say for certain because I enjoyed my carrot and walnut cake :)  I also enjoyed a steaming cup of full-leaf Earl Grey tea, while my walking companion opted for blonde Americano and a petite baquette avec beurre et fraises.  We had a visit and a short while later we were joined by Liz of London for a brainstorming and marketing meeting, although I must say she was dressed rather casually for such an event.  Lastly Mister Barista joined us to finance the event.


After our meeting, Liz and I headed to Waitrose for a bit of shopping, and then home because someone needed a nap. 

The shoe recycling stop at Waitrose:


After nap time, we had our Vita Coco product testing, and then moved on to commence our bake off challenge.


Gracie Cakes is a known, trained and experienced baker and cupcake decorator.  Me, her opponent, never bakes but is highly competitive.  Of course Gracie Cakes did try to sabotage my efforts by giving me an unsuitable icing tip, but yet I persevered.  Once we had our final products, we enlisted Mister Barista for judging.  He donned his blindfold, and glasses, and tried the baked delights.  In the end it was a split decision, he preferred my cake both for quality and genuine chocolatey taste.  He favoured Gracie Cakes (because he has to) version for the boozy icing, and design.


Next stop was bed, someone was VERY sleepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment