Friday, May 11, 2012

Day 1 - Fisher Family Experience (FFE)

My eventful journey came to an end as the plane touched down 40 minutes early at Gatwick airport. I'd survived an overweight carry on bag, an overly friendly seatmate, and witnessed a very vocal traveller complaining about someone's smelly feet negatively impacting her day (no it was not me she was complaining about). In any event, I was here and ready to immerse myself in Fisher Family cultural by way of the FFE 2012.



Sis picked me up and after a frightful highway drive, we arrived a Chateau Fish. Some changes since I'd been here last included, tree sculpting, fridge slimming, and a guest room makeover.

I settled in and began the difficult task of staying awake. Jon made me a designer latte, and the first commotion of the day occurred when I asked what I thought was an innocuous question, 'Do you have any sugar?'. Jon glanced at Grace, Grace glanced at Jon, cupboards were opened, drawers inspected, shrugs, and general confusion and eventually a crusty dated ceramic pot was retrieved from the depths of the kitchen and I bravely crunched through with my teaspoon. Note to self, sugar appears to have gone the way of the tree branches.

After my latte I succumbed to the duvet and had a luxurious nap. Wake up service roused me two hours later, and I was quickly jolted back to reality when I attempted to brush my teeth in very hot water. Note to self, remember that the taps are reversed in England.

Grace and I headed into Kingston to rendezvous with Liz. We stopped for a sugar free Red Bull and then went on to see her fantastically cool apartment. After a brief visit and retrievable of coffee syrups, we headed back to Chateau Fish to prepare dinner and partake of a typical Fisher Family Friday. Snacking on pakoras and onion bhajis, I had the resident barista Martz froth me up a vanilla latte.



Next Jon and Alex (not Britain's manliest man, but more on that later) stopped over, Matt joined us and travelling stylist Aaron entered the realm. Three haircuts and ready made (not available in Canada) Caramel Macciato later we sat down to enjoy our dinner of Jamie Oliver's chicken curry.



Tomorrow's agenda, includes pseudo-exercising, or at least dressing the part, a trip to the french tarte and adventures beyond.



No comments:

Post a Comment